The twin hamlets of Eastleach Turville and Eastleach Martin face each other across the River Leach. The ancient clapper bridge (Keble’s Bridge) connects the two. This was most likely built by the Keble family whose descendant, John Keble, was curate here in 1815. He founded the Oxford Movement and is known for his volume of religious verse The Christian Year. Across the river the tiny church of St Andrews hidden beneath the trees and which has a more interesting interior than its neighbour. Note, the splendid C14 saddleback tower of a Transitional, and Early English period style. A Norman doorway c.1130 with a carved Tympanum of Christ. To the west is Macaroni Downs where the rolling sheep pastures were once the location for Regency derring-do, gambling and horse racing. Now just munched by sheep, cattle and ridden through by mountain bikers. For refreshments there is the Victoria Inn, and for more sophisticated fare, The Swan at Southrop.