Dartmoor - Mountain Bike Routes
• 2nd Edition
• 24 Pages
• 112mm x 240mm
Herewith, 10 of the best off-road routes in and around the Dartmoor National Park which include Public Rights of Way; bridlepaths & quiet lanes. All have been checked and approved by the Dartmoor National Park Authority.
An easy to fold out tear-resistant map that has been matt laminated for protection. The routes are graded with approximate time & mileage.
The tracks across the highest parts of Dartmoor tend to involve more pushing and carrying than riding, so the best and most rideable off-road circuits are found around the edges of the moors though some of these still cross significant stretches of the high moor. These routes are wonderfully varied sometimes taking in beautiful forested areas or criss-crossing clear moorland rivers and they offer something for all skill levels.
The routes are graded: easy, moderate and more strenuous although none are what could be called hard core mountain bike routes.
The routes include the:
1. Sourton Circuit - Okehampton & Meldon Reservoir.
2. On the High Moors South of Okehampton.
3. Drewsteignton-Morehampstead-Castle Drogo.
4. South & East of Moretonhampstead.
5. North Bovey South East to Houndtor Woods, and South from North Bovey to Houndtor.
6. Headland Warren-Challacombe-Hookney Downs.
7. South from Postbridge to the Forest Inn.
8. Princetown & Burrator Reservoir, and East of Burrator Reservoir to Nuns Cross.
9. East of the Tavy to White Barrow.
10. Mary Tavy-Gibbet Hill-Tavistock.
• ISBN 9 78185965 194 0