Cotswold - Off-Road Bike Routes
• 24 Pages
• 112mm x 240mm
• Ten brilliant circular touring routes take you off the beaten track, up and down dale, to explore the very best trails in the Cotswolds...
• Researched by Al Churcher, an experienced off, and on road, cyclist.
• Matt laminated, waterproof and tear resistant
The Cotswolds may not have the heart pumping drama and rugged crags, nor the uphill pushes and steep descents of the more traditional mountain biking areas such as the Peak District or North Wales. The countryside is green and lush, and the hills are rolling rather than rugged. Nevertheless, the region offers some excellent off-road cycling and, for the cross-country rider who wants long green lanes criss-crossing some of England's most beautiful landscapes and linking some of her most beautiful villages, the routes on this map are for you.
The routes are graded: easy, moderate and more strenuous although none are what could be called hard core mountain bike routes. Approximate times and mileage are included.
The routes include the:
1. Bibury Circuit.
2. Bisley-Edgeworth-Woodmancote Circuit.
3. Bredon Hill-Dumbleton Circuit.
4. Broadway Circuit.
5. Charlbury Circuit.
6. Cotswold Water Park Circuit.
7. Great Tew Circuit.
8. Northleach Circuit.
9. Stow-Slaughters Circuit.
10. Winchcombe Circuit.
• ISBN 9 78185965 189 6